Professional Development support for credit unions and their employees
The Northwest Credit Union Foundation assists credit union professionals seeking to further develop their careers so that they – and their credit unions – may remain competitive in the financial marketplace. We provide professional development scholarships to ensure credit union employees have access to the training they need to successfully serve their organizations and communities.
Thank you for your interest in a Professional Development Scholarship. To ensure a successful scholarship application process, please read the following before submitting your application:
- Applicants must be currently employed by an NWCUA-member credit union or serve on a member credit union’s board.
- Scholarship applications must be received prior to the date or purchase of the event for which the applicant is applying for scholarship funding.
- Applicants may request up to $1,000 per scholarship for continuing education courses or events.
- Scholarship awards may be used to reimburse event / course registration fees and other qualified expenses including lodging (excludes room upgrades), food (excludes alcoholic beverages), airfare (excludes first class upgrades), and ground transportation.
- NWCUA Power User Council Memberships, and individual Council Memberships are not eligible for scholarship funding. Applicants may apply for scholarship funding for individual council meetings.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are notified of determination within 30 days of application receipt. Approval letters will state the scholarship award amount.
Credit Union Scholarship Award Totals
The total scholarships a credit union can receive annually will be determined by the credit union’s asset size. An individual employee can apply for and be reimbursed up to $1,000 per year which counts towards their credit union’s total scholarship award. Below is a breakdown of the total scholarship dollars that a credit union is eligible for each year:
- Assets below $100 million: $4,000
- Assets $100 million – $500 million: $3,000
- Assets above $500 million: $2,000
Scholarships are awarded as reimbursements. The scholarship recipient must use awarded funds for the sole purpose(s) stated on the application. Scholarships are nontransferable. To receive a scholarship reimbursement, the recipient must submit a complete Reimbursement and Impact Report, with invoices and receipts, to the Foundation within 60 days of the course / event’s conclusion date. Failure to comply with this deadline will result in automatic and total scholarship forfeiture. Please note that only itemized receipts will be reimbursed. Non-itemized receipts will not be.
By submitting an application, you agree to the Northwest Credit Union Foundation’s scholarship terms and conditions.
Use the Express Application if you meet one of the following conditions:
- Your award request does not exceed $500
- You are an associated credit union CEO
- You are an associated credit union board member
If the above conditions are not applicable to your request, please use the Scholarship Application to apply.