Professional Development support for credit unions and their employees
The Northwest Credit Union Foundation assists credit union professionals seeking to further develop their careers so that they – and their credit unions – may remain competitive in the financial marketplace. We provide professional development scholarships to ensure credit union employees have access to the training they need to successfully serve their organizations and communities.
NWCUF is committed to supporting credit unions, their employees, and their members through the coronavirus outbreak. We know many of you submitted scholarships applications for events that may now be canceled or you have shifted your priorities and will no longer be attending. To help you during this time, NWCUF has modified its policies for the time being to give you more flexibility as a scholarship recipient. Please see the following changes below:
- Rescheduled events: If your event or conference was postponed or rescheduled, your scholarship award will transfer to the new date. There is no need to inform us if you plan to retain your scholarship for the rescheduled event. If we don’t hear from you, we will assume you still plan to utilize it but for a later date.
- Canceled events: Please let us know if you will no longer be needing the scholarship whether your event is canceled or you have shifting your priorities and will no longer be attending. This will allow us to redistribute those funds.
Thank you for your interest in a Professional Development Scholarship. To ensure a successful scholarship application process, please read the following before submitting your application:
- Applicants must be currently employed by an NWCUA-member credit union or serve on a member credit union’s board.
- Scholarship applications must be received prior to the date or purchase of the event for which the applicant is applying for scholarship funding.
- Applicants may request up to $1,000 per scholarship for continuing education courses or events.
- Scholarship awards may be used to reimburse event / course registration fees. Other event related expenses are not eligible for reimbursement at this time.
- NWCUA Power User Council Memberships, and individual Council Memberships are not eligible for scholarship funding. Applicants may apply for scholarship funding for individual council meetings.
- Scholarships are available for NWCUA CU Learning TRAXX for on-demand content, individual sessions, and full tracks. CEOs may apply for scholarships toward the All-Access Pass and Session Bundle registrations and are eligible to request the entire annual credit union scholarship award toward these registrations.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are notified of determination within 30 days of application receipt. Approval letters will state the scholarship award amount.
Credit Union Scholarship Award Totals
The total scholarships a credit union can receive annually will be determined by the credit union’s asset size. An individual employee can apply for and be reimbursed up to $1,000 per year which counts towards their credit union’s total scholarship award. Below is a breakdown of the total scholarship dollars that a credit union is eligible for each year:
- Assets below $100 million: $4,000
- Assets $100 million – $500 million: $3,000
- Assets above $500 million: $2,000
Scholarships are awarded as reimbursements. The scholarship recipient must use awarded funds for the sole purpose(s) stated on the application. Scholarships are nontransferable. To receive a scholarship reimbursement, the recipient must submit a complete Reimbursement and Impact Report, with invoices and receipts, to the Foundation within 60 days of the course / event’s conclusion date. Failure to comply with this deadline will result in automatic and total scholarship forfeiture. Please note that only itemized receipts will be reimbursed. Non-itemized receipts will not be.
By submitting an application, you agree to the Northwest Credit Union Foundation’s scholarship terms and conditions.
Use the Express Application if you meet one of the following conditions:
- Your award request does not exceed $500
- You are an associated credit union CEO
- You are an associated credit union board member
If you answered no to the above, please continue to the scholarship application.