Professional Development support for credit unions and their employees
The Northwest Credit Union Foundation assists credit union professionals seeking to further develop their careers so that they – and their credit unions – may remain competitive in the financial marketplace. We provide professional development scholarships to ensure credit union employees have access to the training they need to successfully serve their organizations and communities.
Thank you for your interest in a Professional Development Scholarship. To ensure a successful scholarship application process, please read the following before submitting your application:
- Applicants must be currently employed by an NWCUA-member credit union or serve on a member credit union’s board.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are notified of determination within 30 days of application receipt. Approval letters will state the scholarship award amount.
- Scholarship applications must be received prior to the date of the event for which the applicant is applying for scholarship funding.
- Applicants may request up to $1,500 per year for continuing education courses.
There is an award cap of $1,000 for the following events:
- CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC)
- NWCUA MAXX Convention & Trade Show
- Western CUNA Management School
- NWCUA Emerging Leaders Program
Program scholarships are awarded as reimbursements. The scholarship recipient must use awarded funds for the sole purpose(s) stated on the application. Scholarships are nontransferable. To receive a scholarship reimbursement, the recipient must submit a complete Reimbursement and Impact Report, with invoices and receipts, to the Foundation within 60 days of the course / event’s conclusion date. Failure to comply with this deadline will result in automatic and total scholarship forfeiture. Please note that only itemized receipts will be reimbursed. Non-itemized receipts will not be.
Qualifying expenses include:
- Event registration
- Lodging (excludes room upgrades)
- Food (excludes alcoholic beverages)
- Airfare (excludes first class upgrades)
- Ground transportation
- Mileage (please provide a Google map print out with the departure location and arrival location on your Reimbursement and Impact Report. You will be reimbursed at 54.5 cents per mile.)
By submitting an application, you agree to the Northwest Credit Union Foundation’s scholarship terms and conditions.
Use the Express Application if you meet one of the following conditions:
- Your award request does not exceed $500
- You are an associated credit union CEO
- You are an associated credit union board member
If you answered no to the above, please continue to the scholarship application.