Helping students achieve their higher education goals
Higher education costs can make earning a degree feel like a faraway goal, but credit unions are stepping up to help students achieve their educational aspirations through a partnership known as the Matched Education Savings Account (MESA).
We help credit unions offer this program when students face insufficient funding to complete their undergraduate degrees. MESA bridges the gap by matching a student’s education savings 3:1. Program participants can turn $500 into $1,500 and apply the funds toward books and tuition.
MESA equips students with the financial management and tools they need to build financial assets throughout their lifetimes.
Currently, MESA accounts are available at CapEd Credit Union:
- Eagle Branch – 80 E. Riverside Dr., Eagle, ID 83616
- Kuna Branch – 1550 N. Meridian Rd., Kuna, ID 83634
- Linder Branch – 4853 N. Linder Rd., Meridian, ID 83646
- Marketplace Branch – 16275 N. Marketplace Blvd., Nampa, ID 83687
- McMillan Branch – 12195 W. McMillan Rd., Boise, ID 83713
- Parkcenter Branch – 500 E. Highland St., Boise, ID 83706
- South Meridian Branch – 1650 S. Meridian Rd, Meridian, ID 83642
- South Nampa Branch – 1023 12th Avenue Rd., Nampa, ID 83686
- Thunderbolt Branch – 7450 W. Thunderbolt Dr., Boise, ID 83709
- Twin Falls Branch – 123 Cheney Dr. W., Twin Falls, ID 83301
Students - Start the Conversation
Eligible students save up to $500 for a 3:1 return, or $1,500 in matched funds. They complete a financial education course and receive up to $2,000 in combined savings and program-matched funds, which may be applied toward any education expense, including tuition, books, and class materials.
MESA is designed for low- and moderate-income student residents of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming who are attending a college or university within these states.
To participate, follow these steps:
Read the MESA FAQs.
Complete the MESA pre-application, which will determine your eligibility. If you are eligible, complete step three.
Complete MESA’s formal application.
Already have a MESA account?
Log in to access your saved application here.
To participate, you must meet income and asset requirements. The application requires your basic information, including household/income/employment/assets, and educational goals.